Seven Key Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Senior Photographer
Choosing the right senior photographer is an important decision that can impact the outcome of your senior photos. To ensure that you make an informed decision and find the photographer that will meet your needs, here are seven questions to ask before selecting your senior photographer.
- Portfolio: Before committing to a photographer, take the time to review their portfolio on their website and on Instagram. Look for consistency in style and composition. Be sure that the photographer has experience in senior photographyand can provide examples that align with your vision for your senior portraits. Also, you may want to ask to see an entire gallery from one session.
- Pricing: Understanding the pricing structure is essential for a transparent and stress-free experience. Inquire about the photographer’s pricing, if packages are offered, any additional costs, and what is included. This clarity will help youmake a decision based on your budget and the value offered by the photographer.
- Process: Ask about the photographer’s process from the initial consult to the delivery of the final products. Clarify how the scheduling, planning and execution of the photoshoot will unfold. Will you be receiving any guidance about howto prepare for your session? Or do you figure that out on your own? Knowing the photographer’s approach will ensure that you are comfortable with the process and that your expectations align.
- Editing/Delivery of Images and Products: Pay attention to the photographer’s editing style and ask about the timeline for delivering the final images. Discuss any specific editing preferences you may have, will there be an additional fee?Also, if you have a specific timeline in mind for using your senior portraits, be sure to discuss that with the photographer.
- Testimonials/Reviews: Reading about the experiences of others can provide valuable information about what to expect in terms of communication, reliability, and the quality of the final product.
- Weather Contingency Plan: Since this IS Chicago – and weather does happen, it’s crucial to have a plan in place. Ask the photographer about their approach to inclement weather. Do they have a studio? Do they reschedule? Understanding the contingency planwill help alleviate any concerns and ensure a smooth senior photo session regardless of the weather.
- Back-Up Equipment: Technical issues can arise, but a professional photographer is prepared. Inquire about a photographer’s backup equipment to ensure that, in the event of a malfunction, your senior session can continuewithout disruptions.
Hopefully, I’ve given you some valuable information that will help you find the Chicago senior photographer of your dreams! If you want to ask ME these 7 questions, I’m always happy to provide the answers, and more!
Please reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 773.230.5441
Interested in learning more? Wondering what to wear to your senior session? Check out this blog!